Your trainers – Rikki and Valeri
Rikki is the embodiment of what a personal trainer should be; professional, credible, empathetic, committed and capable.
– Scott McDonald, Former Centre Manager, Windy Hill Fitness Centre
Rikki began her fitness career in 1999 and quickly built her client base and reputation as a “go to” personal trainer of the highest calibre. This is because Rikki knows how to help her clients get maximum results in minimum time, but more importantly she really cares about her clients and this quality shines through.
Rikki has trained a variety of clients from first time gym users to seasoned athletes. Her passion to produce the best outcomes possible for all of her clients has resulted in 16 years of professional development and results producing programs based on the latest research.
Over the years Rikki has used her expertise in the fitness industry in many roles. These have included training and mentoring other fitness instructors, coordinating programs and managing the Health Club at Windy Hill Fitness Centre in Essendon.
She is now drawing upon her experience to focus on her true passion, her very own personal training business. It is this focus and passion that has culminated in the creation of “Strength For You”.
In addition to training other people, Rikki also “walks the walk” competing in the sport of Powerlifting since 1998. She is an Australian team member, and a Commonwealth and National gold medallist. Rikki is nothing if not ambitious and now has her sights set on breaking Australian Masters records!
Rikki understands that Powerlifting is not for everyone, however incorporating appropriate strength training has benefits for everyone. Whether you are an athlete, or training for weight loss or general health, strength training will keep you lean and help you maintain a healthy body weight, improve bone density, enhance athletic performance and decrease your likelihood of injury.
You can rest assured that all of Rikki’s personal training sessions are both safe and effective as she is a professionally registered as a personal trainer with Physical Activity Australia (National Accreditation Body) and is insured with JLT Insurance.
Rikki’s Qualifications include:
- 2012 Diploma of Fitness – Exercise Specialist
- 2004 Certificate IV – Personal Trainers
- 1999 Certificate III – Fitness Instructor
- 2013 – 2013 Strength For You – Founding Director and Personal Trainer
- 2007 – 2012 Health and Fitness Manager – Windy Hill Fitness Centre
- 2005 – 2007 Gymnasium Team Leader – Windy Hill Fitness Centre
- 2000 – 2001 Personal Trainer – Grand Hyatt
- 1999 – 2004 Personal Trainer – Melbourne City Baths
- 2011 Rehabilitation Certificate
- 2009 Pilates Fitness Certificate
- 2009 Accredited Indoor Cycle Instructor
- 2007 Post Natal Training Certificate
- 2000 Level 1 Powerlifting Coach – Registered with Australian Sports Commission
I cannot speak highly enough of Valeri; he has extensive knowledge in all aspects of strength & conditioning as well as advice on nutrition and recovery. I attribute a lot of my recent success to his hard work and attention to detail in the gym.
– Rachel Jarry – Professional athlete, Minnesota Lynx
Valeri has a proven track record in achieving results for his athletes and clients. Having trained Olympic and World Champions, AFL’s elite, professional athletes and everyday people, Valeri has the knowledge and experience to deliver exceptional results.
With Valeri joining the team at Strength For You it now means that you don’t need to be a professional athlete to gain professional results. Whether your aim is post-injury rehabilitation, preparing for a challenge or to get back in shape, Valeri has the expertise to get you maximum results in minimum time.
As a professional European handball player in his homeland of Bulgaria Valeri has trained under some of the best strength and conditioning and weightlifting coaches of his time. It was these first hand experiences that inspired him to complete his Master’s Degree in Coaching and Physical Education at Bulgaria’s elite National Sport’s Academy.
With his expertise in strength and conditioning, Valeri has worked in a variety of sports in Australia and China including AFL, basketball, soccer, volleyball and swimming, to name a few.
Twelve seasons of AFL with Hawthorn, Essendon and Melbourne Football Clubs has not only given Valeri the opportunity to help extend the playing life of senior stars of the game such as Shane Crawford, John Barker, James Hird and Matthew Lloyd but to also assist in physically developing the up and coming stars of the game such as Sam Mitchell, Jobe Watson, Patty Ryder, Tom Scully and Jack Watts.
Over the past five years Valeri has been working privately with Liu Zige (Lucy) and members of the Chinese National Swimming Team. Lucy is an Olympic champion (2008) and recently won her 200m butterfly event at the FINA World Championships, she also holds the World Record in the same event.
More recently Valeri has been privately training elite athletes such as Penny Taylor from the Australian Opals/Phoenix Mercury and Rachel Jarry from the Australian Opals/Minnesota Lynx to prepare for their 2013 WNBA season.
You can rest assured that all of Valeri’s personal training sessions are both safe and effective as he is registered with the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association and is insured OAMPS Insurance.
Valeri’s Qualifications include:
- 1986 Master’s Degree in Coaching & Physical Education
- 1999 Certificate III – Fitness Instructor
- 2014 Strength & Conditioning Coach – Chinese Basketball Association,
Women’s National Team
- 2013 Strength For You – High Performance Specialist & Personal Trainer
- 2012 Consultant – Shanghai Institute Of Sport
- 2008 – 2011 Strength & Conditioning Coach – Melbourne Football Club
- 2008 – current Strength & Conditioning Coach – China’s National Swimming Team
- 2006 – 2008 Strength & Conditioning Coach – South Dragons Basketball Club
- 2004 – 2008 Strength & Conditioning Coach – Essendon Football Club
- 2000 – 2004 Strength & Conditioning Coach – Hawthorn Football Club
- 2002 – 2004 Strength & Conditioning Coach – Australian Bobsleigh Federation
- Season 2001 Strength & Conditioning Coach – South Melbourne Soccer Club
- 1997 – 1999 Lecturer – Australian Strength & Conditioning Association
- 1991 – 2001 Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor – Club Leisure Fitness Centre, Dandenong
- 1988 – 1990 Senior Coach – Burgas Handball Club – National Female League, Bulgaria
- 1979 – 1988 Professional European Handball Player – National Men’s League, Bulgaria
- 2009 Level 2 Athletics Coach
- 2004 Level 1 Olympic Weightlifting Coach
- 1996 Level 2 Strength & Conditioning Coach